Friday, May 21, 2010

T Minus Six



Only six months to go until Ironman Arizona!  Does it seem close to you?  It certainly does to me.

I've found myself searching for and reading DNF (Did Not Finish) Ironman stories on the web lately. Not to be negative or pessimistic about my chances of finishing IMAZ in November.  I just found I can learn more from folks who had races that didn't go so well.  Sometimes the picture perfect race reports aren't very informing or even that interesting.  It does tend to create a little bit of paranoia though.  The more stories I read, the more I see how many things can go wrong - especially on the bike.  Even though I expect the run to be difficult, it will be nice when I get off the bike and onto my own two feet where the chance of an equipment failure ruining my day diminishes significantly.

On a more immediate note, this weekend is the San Diego Century.  I'm driving down to Encinitas CA tonight after work, for an early morning start tomorrow. I completed this ride last year so I know exactly what to expect. It's a challenging course with a fair amount of climbing, but nothing out of the ordinary. I expect it to be a fun training day.

1 comment:

miles99999 said...

So, it is under sic months now....it still seems kind of far off, but then again, I am already at week 5 of my 30 week training program. Maybe it is closer than I think. I hope your training is going well.