Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wednesday Bike Intervals

Wednesday is Bike Interval day with a short (30 min) brick run after the bike.

Yesterday's assignment was:


Warm Up: 10-15 minutes Easy,
then 3 x 1min intervals with 1 minute rest in between.

Main Set 2 x 12min intervals with 5 minutes rest in between @ FTP
(Basically 12 minutes fast, then 5 min recovery, then repeat)

My current FTP is around 210 watts. (That's the highest watts I can hold steady for 20+ minutes)

Here's the power graph from yesterday's ride.

I marked a red line at the 210 watts mark on the graph.  That's the mark I was trying to hit and hold during each of the intervals.  So the graph shows about 15 minutes of warm up, then the three short 1 minute intervals, followed by the two longer, 12 minute intervals.

I love training with power. It takes the guess work out of the equation, and I always know how hard I'm working regardless of road conditions, hills, or wind. 210 watts is always 210 watts no matter what the speedometer says.

No comments: