Sunday, August 29, 2010

Power Up


Week 8 testing showed another power jump of 8% since my last test on week 4.  That's an 18% increase since I started on the training plan.

Using the same 7.5 mile climb as a test, here are the numbers

Prior to start of training plan
223 Average Watts
10.3 mph average
65 rpm cadence

Week 4 testing
242 Average Watts  (+8.5%)
11.5 mph average
74 rpm cadence

Week 8 testing
263 Average Watts (+8.6% compared to week 4; 17.9% increase overall)
11.6 mph average
74 rpm cadence

4 comments:

TracerX said...

How about 700 watts?? Some guy at Performance bike shop said he had been up to 700.
Don & I overheard him telling some other customers.

I think his name was Scott???

Jeff said...

LOL! Actually, I believe it. 700 is high, but not unbelievable. I hit 562 during the last ride we all did together, but there's no way I could hold that number for more than a few seconds. If he said he could average 700 watts then he'd probably be riding for a team, not working at Performance.

Hassan said...

Those are some serious results! What plan are you using?

Jeff said...

Hassan, I'm using a plan from Endurance Nation. I really like their viewpoint and coaching advice. Go sign up as an EN Fan and get a free DVD on how to properly race Ironman.