Sunday, June 6, 2010

Training transition

With less than 24 weeks to go until Ironman Arizona, it's time for my training to make a transition.  So far, I've filled the year with generic endurance training and endurance events like centuries and half-marathons.  My focus has been on building fitness, but not specifically on triathlon training.

Now it's time to transition into Ironman specific training. 

It's time to start spending more time in the pool. 

It's time to start running after every bike ride. 

It's time to bring out the wetsuit and get some ocean swims done.

Goodbye road bike.  Thank you for your service this year.

It's time for you to take a break so I can focus on riding my tri bike

and goodbye hair-pants.  It's time for silky smooth triathlete legs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That tri bike is nice! I'm rooting for ya.

miles99999 said...

All true stuff. Best of luck as your training begins!