Friday, October 29, 2010

LA Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon


Last weekend was a "simulation" weekend.  On Friday morning I did a 4k swim.  Saturday morning was a full 112 mile bike ride using all of my race-day gear, followed by a 7 mile brick run.  And Sunday I ran in the Los Angeles Rock n Roll Half Marathon.

The half marathon wasn't part of my training plan, but several people I know were running in this inaugural event so I decided to sign up, and I'm glad I did.  I finished in a new PR time of 1:43.33.  Over 2 minutes faster than my previous best from 2006! I can only imagine what I might have done if I was fully rested for the race.

The training plan is starting to wind down now.  My last really long run was yesterday.  Only two more long bike rides this Saturday and next Saturday, and then two full weeks of tapering before the big event!  Then I just need to take it easy and try not to go stir crazy!

No comments: